Click to download application form:Britton-Hecla School Application (pdf format)Britton-Hecla School Application (Microsoft Word format)Current Openings:
Network Administrator/Computer Science Teacher with or without coaching
- Expertise in computer use and management
- Experience in an educational setting preferred
- Experience in key areas of technology usage in education
- Ability to work with technology in all areas of K12 curriculum
- Familiarity with current technology as it pertains to school applications
- Knowledge and experience to establish, maintain and improve technology applications.
- Knowledge of machine setup, operation, maintenance and repair
- Experience in staff development and/or curriculum development
- Other qualifications as determined by the school board
Job Goal: To provide leadership, expertise and coordination in the educational use of technology for the improvement of student performance.
Administrator of LAN and DDN network
Create users, domains and rights
Maintain network security
Install all network software
Maintenance and upkeep of routers, hubs and network cabling
Assign and designate IP addresses, DNS, and Gateways
Backup of LAN and DDN servers
- Research, demonstrate, recommend and install new software and hardware
- Liaison with telecommunication vendors
- Provide troubleshooting expertise so as to resolve software, hardware and networking failures in a timely manner
- Initiate and implement onsite/offsite repair procedures.
- Install and maintain internet and e-mail through out the building
- Establish legal protection for the district by maintaining site licenses, warranties, and Acceptable Use Agreements.
- Assist development of technology budget
- Prepare and maintain all technology purchase orders
- Prepare and maintain software and hardware inventory
- Disseminate computer-related data throughout the district via e-mail or in-service
- Assist staff in the integration of technology into the curriculum
- Conduct staff training as necessary
- Work on community relations by promoting the district’s technology capabilities
- Attend appropriate meetings, conventions, workshops and training sessions on a regular basis to keep abreast of current developments in computer technology and education.
- Stay abreast of new technology as it relates to education and advise Superintendent.
Terms of Employment: 12 months
Directly Responsible to: Superintendent and Principals
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated annually by the Superintendent
Compensation: As per annual contract
SOCIAL STUDIES/PE TEACHER with or without coaching
Classes: World History, Geography, US History, Government, Middle School and High School PE, Modern US History, Social Studies elective
NEEDED--substitute food service personnel. Hours = 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., as needed. Please complete application form.